COVID-19 Statement & Updates
Update March 27th 2020:
We now have online group classes & private tuition available via Zoom! See our timetable, class descriptions and book-in tabs above for more info!
Update March 23rd 2020:
Our instructor team will be taking this week to meet and train up (virtually), plan and practice our ideas and get working on some content for you! We'll be posting updates as we go! Make sure you're on the mailing list and following our FB and IG accounts for updates and news. If you're a current student - add yourself to the Team TrainStation FB group!
Update March 22nd 2020:
After much discussion over the weekend concerning the rapid progression of COVID-19, we feel that the most responsible action is to put all classes on hold immediately.
We will be postponing all in-person classes, practice time, workshops, events, private tuition and studio hire until further notice.
All course payments will be held until we can start in-person classes again, all private bulk packs and practice time bulk packs will have their expiries extended. Rest assured, we will not be closing our business, we will be ok - we’re just taking some time off in-person teaching for now.
We’d love to keep our community together and active, so, there are some plans we’re working on with all our might and speed to keep us connected, entertained and working out at home together.
If you’re not already on our Facebook Group (Team TrainStation), get on it and also make sure you’re on the mailing list and following our IG and FB pages!
We’d love your support at this time - please bear with us if you are emailing, messaging or calling and we don’t get back to you as quickly as we usually do - we’re working hard to make sure we all have a happy healthy studio life to come back to and awesome online content to access in the meantime.
More to news to come!
Released March 13th 2020, last updated March 19th 2020
We value and promote the health and wellbeing of our staff and students to the best of our ability at all times. We are keeping up-to-date and complying with advice from the Department of Health and the World Health Organisation concerning the spread of COVID-19. We will take all action required as directed by our government or local health authorities.
Our policies and measures already in place to limit any spread of illness/infection/contagion and to maintain sanitary conditions at any time:
- We have an equipment cleaning policy after each class
- We provide 2 sinks with soap to wash hands, which is already encouraged by staff of our students after classes and before eating.
- We provide tissues for anyone in need of them (when/where available in stores).
- We provide paper towel for those who have forgotten their gym towel (when/where available in stores).
- We have a regular cleaning service in place.
- We have a makeup policy (as part of our cancellation policy) where, if a student is unwell, they stay home and can contact us in advance of their class to arrange a makeup class (https://www.trainstationdancefitness.com/terms-and-conditions.html) at a later date within the same term.
- Similarly, staff who are unwell stay home and are covered. If cover is not possible, affected classes are cancelled and students are refunded or credit is assigned where eligible.
Policies in place to support the mental health and social wellbeing of our staff and students:
- We have a Student Code of Conduct that each student reads and signs as part of the booking process, as part of the student intake form, and which forms part of every booking confirmation email, as well as being available on our website. This specifies that no student is to engage in activities that put another student or any instructor or staff member at risk of harm - this includes infection & discrimination.
- Our staff are bound by the Privacy Act and keep your personal details confidential, this includes details pertaining to infection/disease, quarantine etc (where not bound by law to report to a relevant authority).
New additional measures now implemented
- We ask that you hand wash on arrival at the studio, as well as between & after classes. We also ask that you refrain from touching your face if you can, and that you wash your hands or use sanitiser if and as soon as you touch your phone or face while at the studio.
- We are providing hand sanitizer when/where possible but ask that you also BYO if you can.
- Please BYO: water bottle, sweat towel and socks
- We will be asking all students to wipe down apparatus and equipment using the methods as directed by your instructor to make sure everything is sanitised for the next person.
- Hand washing posters are now in the kitchenette and bathroom - please follow these and make sure your wash is 20 seconds or more. We have single use towels available for hand drying.
- We have ramped up our regular cleaning and disinfection of surfaces and equipment - the studio is disinfected daily and some procedures are now multiple times a day.
- Spotting, as always, will be optional - but this can affect your safety and progress, your instructor may not allow you to proceed with a trick/sequence without a spot at their discretion based on safety concerns.
- We ask that you refrain from coming to class if you have any symptoms of an illness or infection - students may be asked to leave if they show symptoms at the studio.
- Please notify us immediately if you suspect you may be at risk of having COVID-19 due to travel or contact with an affected person, so that we can notify others who may have had contact with you and any relevant health authorities as needed.
Trusted sources of information on COVID-19:
Health Department: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-what-you-need-to-know